French Farms Salad Share CSA 2023-2024 season, half payment
Hi! welcome! please please read the following, it is crucial information! And up front, we thank you for your interest in supporting a small local farm that is growing nutritious produce in an ecological way.
Here's how the Salad Share works....
Designed with salad lovers in mind, this is a weekly subscription for super fresh salad ingredients for the duration of the winter growing season (Nov - April).
Heres an example of a weekly share:
1. half pound bag of mixed salad greens (lettuce mix, arugula, spring mix)
2. more fresh greens! like heads of gem lettuce, butter lettuce, radicchio & kale
3. bunch of salad roots like radishes, carrots, beets & turnips
4. portion of salad friendly hard veggies, like cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, sprouting cauliflower or avocados & starfruit from our fruit farming friends
5. a bunch of herbs, like cilantro, parsley, mint or something fun, like a container of weird garnishes and edible flowers
A little more about CSA.... it stands for “community supported agriculture” and it's a way that farms have been selling their produce direct to their customers (no middle man) since 1986. The CSA model creates a valuable connection between the community and the farm. By paying upfront for produce, the community provides the farm with operating capital at the beginning of the season, when we need it most, as well as the peace of mind that produce is sold. The CSA provides the customer with a guaranteed amount of farm fresh veggies and most importantly, an intimate relationship with their farm and farmers. Every week you'll receive an email from us with stories from the farm, a list of whats included in this weeks boxes, and farmer favorite recipes to inspire you.
Pick-up options: Choose from our 3 general regions of Miami:
1. South: At the farm itself in the Redland. 22305 SW 157th ave. Pickup your box from the farm walk-in Saturday or Sunday from 10am - 5pm. This is great for friends living closer to the farm or if you love plant shopping at the Little River Plant nursery, or if you want just want to routinely stroll through the fields and see what your farmers are up to.
2. Central: A private residence in West Coconut Grove. Pick up your box from a secure glass doored fridge on the side of a members house. You can pick up Saturday or Sunday from 9am - dark.
3. North: Legion Park Farmer's Market or a home in Biscayne Park. Our most popular pickup location because it ties in a weekly visit to Miamis best farmers market, happening every Saturday from 9am-2pm. If you cant make it to the market you can pick up from our mobile cooler at a home in Biscayne Park Saturday night or anytime Sunday.
Thought you were done reading?! NOPE! Now you need to learn about our sliding scale payment option. Sliding scale is an economic model that at its most basic makes it so that "people pay as they are able to for services, events and items. Those with access to more resources pay more and thus provide the cushion for those with less access to pay less, creating a sustainable economic underpinning for said services, events and items." -Hadassah Damien. To help with the sliding scale decision making process we're including an info graphic made by local food justice educational space Finca Morada that gives examples for each bracket of the scale. Find the collection of circumstances that you feel most represents yours, and consider paying the amount listed for that bracket. If you would like to pay with SNAP/EBT benefits, please email us and we can arrange for that.
The "true cost" of the Salad Share is $620 per member, which is $30 a week worth of produce plus a $20 credit card processing fee, so we've added a lower and a higher bracket, and we are trusting our community of members to use those brackets appropriately when reflecting on their needs & their ability to give.
We've also split the cost into two payments, for those of you who would like more time to pay the full amount. By paying half now, you are securing your spot in the CSA. Second payments will be due in full before November 1st (we will email you an invoice for it). If you don't need the extra time and want to pay in full now, you definitely can. Just add this item to your cart twice and you'll be all paid up!
Ok, now you are done reading! We look forward to growing for you this upcoming season. Feel free to reach out with any questions you may still have.